IDEA 1 - DUALITY - DAY AND NIGHT
Idea one was basically a vision i had as soon as i received the brief. I feel it is mainly linked to my personal sociable lifestyle and I immediately thought of showing differences between daytime and nightlife in big cities. Due to the fact I live near Birmingham I felt that this could be a reasonable idea as i could venture out there for test shots and etc. However this was just one idea and my intentions were to merge to images (one of day time/non busy atmosphere/light), and the other of nightlife (busy queues to enter clubs, lot of people, cars etc) into one image. For the angle of this image my thoughts were a midshot of a club allowing people in with the road and other shops/cars in the distance behind.
IDEA 2 - DUALITY - DAY AND NIGHT
Idea 2 was a slight transformation from idea one. Instead of having the focal angle of a nightclub I thought of the idea of looking down the street with a longshot and higher viewpoint. I felt that this could help create a different atmosphere and help demonstrate the difference in day and night a lot more when merging the image.
IDEA 3 - DUALITY - FREEDOM VS CONSTRAINT = CONSTRAINED FREEDOM
Idea 3 came from my research when looking at different dual combinations which would compliment each other nicely. I felt that constraint and freedom go well together and felt there were many different options to experiment with. My first idea for "constrained freedom"
was an idea of someone being in a glass lift quite high up. I felt that this would show freedom as it feels as if the person would have the whole word under his feet, and almost feel like his flying. However at the same time would demonstrate how sense of constraint and claustrophobia as he is metaphorically in a closed see through box. At first because i was getting carried away with the freedom vs constraint idea i felt this idea was very suitable and good. After looking into it further i realised location would be a problem and a most likely place to find a suitable lift would be a shopping centre which would lead to needing permission.
IDEA 4 - DUALITY - CONSTRAINED FREEDOM
I then began to think of places where i personally feel a sense of freedom and I thought of my phone and the amount of stuff i can do on it such as social media take pictures etc. This lead me to think about in what situations I use my phone in most and i realised it is most likely to be on public transport. Public transport can often be a very tight and constrained environment at peak times so my next idea fell into place. I began to think of situations such as tight seating on a bus, train, or even waiting rooms and thought of a photo of someone lost in a different world on their phone while other people are sitting bored and uncomfortably. However i am still unsure on location.
IDEA 5 - DUALITY - CONSTRAINED FREEDOM
This idea toys with the theory of not being able to speak up the truth and holding back in certain situations for greater good or not. The idea is still linked to constrained freedom as the photo would be a tongue with a padlock locking it not allowing it to speak out. I am unsure whether I would use the tongue for the padlock or the lips but i feel maybe the tongue would be more effective.
IDEA 6 - DUALITY - CONSTRAINED FREEDOM
Idea 6 is a variation of idea 5 with the similar theory of not being able to speak out loud. My favourite part about this idea is the title which probably could be just as effective for idea 5 also. I came up with the idea of using the phrase "you're not aloud". Aloud relating to voice and noise rather than allowed meaning action and doing. The photo is a picture of someone shouting/talking and then in the bottom corner would be a 8bit sign which used to appear on the old television sets to mute the volume. I feel the idea is basic but effective due to the meaning of in the title and also linked with constrained freedom






No comments:
Post a Comment